The Holidays are such a wonderful time of year to be thankful for our many blessings and celebrate with our family and friends. At the same time, many of us may be dealing with stressors concerning our jobs, business, economy or personal relationships. Especially at this time of the year, it is important that we take extra measures to minimize stressors and maximize potential!
The following simple truths speak to a natural way to better health and coping with stress that we CAN control:
1. Drink plenty of pure water and make sure your PH is balanced.
2. Learn to relax and get plenty of rest! Some simple ways I have learned to relax include:
- 4:6 it! "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known by God" Phil 4:6.
- Practice mindfulness and enjoy the present moment. Take time outs throughout the day.
- Practice relaxation breathing techniques
- Be thankful for all the blessings you have every day!
- Laugh and be joyful
- Listen to music
- Get to bed on time!
3. Eat properly -- make living foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. the staples of your diet. Also, enjoy "power snacks" and eat 5 -- 6 small portions throughout the day to speed up your metabolism and burn body fat more efficiently.
4. Exercise -- it is important to incorporate exercise into your life, even if it is 30 min 3-5 times a week. Pick an exercise you enjoy, or just walk.
5. Detox -- one of the most important KEYS to good health is detoxification! Detoxification also supports a healthy immune system. Some key points for detoxification include:
a. Use an herbal--fiber bowel restorer to encourage normal colon function.
b. Supplement with digestive enzymes and probiotics.
c. Lose excess fat as it is where toxins hide. (look into body wraps!)
d. Support liver and kidney function with Greens and a whole food based that includes herbs and milk thistle.
e. Regularly utilize ionic footbaths, infrared sauna therapy and body wraps for ultimate toxic relief.
6. Supplement -- even when we eat well, our bodies do not get everything they need from food alone. Supplement with a good whole food based natural multivitamin! nutrients to function.
7. Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine!
The valuable equation to take away is that detoxification+balancing the immune system = good health. Maintaining optimum health is the best way to prepare for and deal with stressors and disease, and to perform at your optimum level.